Duration: 2years - NQF Level :4
This programme aims to provide students with practical skills to increase their effectiveness as community workers. It will also prepare students as practitioners in aspects of adult education at community level.
This programme is designed to:
- Identify, design and manage community development projects,
- Monitor and evaluate development programmes,
- select and use participatory methods in training situations, communicate effectively in both written and spoken English.
- Communicate effectively in both written and spoken English
Who May Apply?
Community development workers such as District Literacy Organisers, Literacy Promoters, Agricultural Extension Workers, Health Educators, Project Managers and any other non-formal Educators working in government ministries; non-governmental organisations and the private sector.
- A Grade 12 Certificate with a minimum of 20 points on the Ministry of Education point scale, E symbol in English, plus one year experience in community development work, or
- A Grade 10 Certificate with a minimum of 23 points or Standard 8 Certificate, an E symbol in English and at least three years experience in community development work.
The programme consists of 5 courses:
- English Communication (CED 01)
- Development Studies (CED 02)
- Theory and Practice of Adult Learning (CED 03)
- Theory and Practice of Community Development (CED 04)
- Project Development and Management (CED 05)