Duration: 1 year - NQF Level: 4
This programme aims to empower students to provide support for the decentralisation and democratisation process in Namibia and to support capacity building initiatives of regional councils and local authorities through a tailor-made academic programme.
This programme is designed to:
- Provide support for the decentralisation and democratisation process in Namibia;
- Support capacity building initiatives of regional councils and local authorities through a tailor - made academic programme;
- Provide opportunities for school leavers who have an interest in a career in regional and local government;
- Provide an academic programme that would be acceptable as a basic entry qualification for students interested in enrolling for a Diploma in Local Government Studies in the Department of Political and Administrative Studies at UNAM. This is subject to students meeting the academic entry requirements of UNAM.
Who May Apply?
Officers working in local and regional government offices and municipalities as well as members of the general public who have an interest in either taking up a career in local government administration or enhancing a career in this field may apply for this programme.
- scale with an E symbol in English, or any other equivalent qualification. OR
- A Grade 10 Certificate with a minimum of 23 points and at least an E-symbol in English, plus three years of relevant working experience.
The programme consists of 7 courses: