Duration: 3 years - NQF Level: 7
The aim of the diploma is to address the critical shortage of teachers in Early Childhood Development and Pre- Primary Education who should lay a solid foundation for Lower Primary Education.
In addition, the Diploma aims to develop teachers as empowered citizens with employable skills such as problem solving, critical thinking, assertive communication and emotional intelligence to become ‘competent beginners’ in the Namibian labour force.
Who May Apply?
Anyone who has obtained the Certificate in Early Childhood Development (CECD) offered by NAMCOL or UNISA or interested members of the public who meet the requirements.
- NAMCOL and UNISA’s CECD or Level 5 recognised certificates in the related fields; OR
- Grade 12 certificate with a minimum of 22 points in five subjects with an
- E symbol in English.
Assessment will be done through Assignments and Examinations:
- Two assignments per module
- Assignments will contribute 50% towards the final mark
- An admission mark of 50% through assignment marks is required to sit for the examination in each course/subject
- A three-hour examination paper per subject (examination mark will contribute 50% towards the final mark).
Duration of the Programme
This is a three-year programme and students are supported through contact sessions.
The programme consists of the following 30 modules: