Duration: 12 months - NQF Level: 6
The Diploma in Education for Development aims to provide an opportunity for graduates of the Certificate in Education for Development (CED) to further their studies in the field of community development and related fields.
This programme is designed to:
- enhance a theoretical understanding of educational practice;
- develop an understanding of the relationship between education, training and development;
- enhance practical skills and knowledge of community workers and;
- provide an opportunity for students to become competent in researching, establishing and sustaining community development.
Who May Apply?
Anyone who has obtained the Certificate in Education for Development (CED) offered by NAMCOL or UNISA.
- NAMCOL’s or UNISA’s CED qualification or
- Any other relevant qualification in this field.
The programme consists of the following 5 modules:
1. Adult Teaching and Learning:
- Teaching Literacy/Numeracy and Health to Adults
2. Development Studies:
- Teaching Adults about Small Business Development.
- Teaching Adults about the Environment
3. Research Methods
4. Research Report
5. Project Teaching Practice.