NAMCOL offers the following Technical, Vocational Education and Training Programmes:
- Automotive Mechanics
- Plumbing and Pipefitting
- Welding and Metal Fabrication
- Office Administration
The ultimate aim of these programmes is to alleviate the high unemployment rate in the country. As employment opportunities in the formal sector shrink, the acquisition of business management and entrepreneurial skills for self-employment becomes crucial. The development of entrepreneurial skills for self-employment will be part of these programmes.
The primary beneficiaries will be -
- existing NAMCOL trainees
- unemployed youths and adults
- entrepreneurs seeking to upgrade their skills.
The programme objectives are to -
- equip trainees with knowledge and skills to further their studies
- equip trainees with knowledge and skills which will give them a chance to enter the job market
- equip trainees with knowledge and skill which will assist them to be self-employed
- assist existing entrepreneurs to upgrade their skills.
To be admitted to this programme, a candidate must have -
- at least a Grade 10 (Standard 8) certificate with a pass in English, Mathematics and Science, apart from Office Administration, which does not require Science
- background/experience in a field to enrol or a technical subject (e.g. Design and Technology).