Duration: 2 year - NQF Level: 6
This programme aims to provide students with practical skills to enhance their effectiveness as youth workers. It will also prepare students as practitioners in aspects of youth education.
- This programme is designed to: prepare youth workers to effectively perform their duties in youth development work;
- Equip youth workers with appropriate skills, knowledge and attitudes that would enable them to train other youth in development work;
- Provide a firm grounding upon which entrants to the diploma programme can proceed to the Bachelor Degree in Youth Work.
Who May Apply?
DYD is particularly useful for people working with the youth, formally and informally (Churches, Communities, NGO’s, Ministry of Youth, etc.)
- Grade 12 (22 points in five subjects)
E symbol in English
- One year relevant working experience
Assessment will be done through Assignments and Examinations:
- Two assignments per module.
- Assignments will contribute 50% towards the final mark.
- An admission mark of 50% through assignment marks is required to sit for the examination in each course.
- One three-hour examination paper per course (exam mark will contribute 50% towards the final mark).
The course will be offered over a period of 2 years, covering 4 terms and supported by face-to-face sessions.
The programme consists of 15 Modules: